Wednesday, March 11, 2009

There she goes....

About 5 months ago Ashley asked her daddy to take the training wheels off her bike. So, he took them off but it wasn't even 1/2 hour and many tears before they went back on...She wasn't quite ready.

Today, we were out front playing and Ashley asked again if she could try riding without training wheels. So, off they came and off she went!


She can only ride in a straight line for now but I am sure it won't be long before she figures it all out. She has been out there most of the afternoon practicing with Allen, and even needed to take a break to jump in the pool...after all it is 78 degrees outside today!



3 comments:

Katie and Jeff said...

Oh my gosh Amy, Bella just learned last week how to peddle! She is light years away from Ashley and no training wheels! You go girl!

Great Aunt Carol said...

Great Aunt Carol is so proud of you Ashley.. You did it!!! Wow! That's so awesome!! I can't wait to hear Ashley say "I did it" in all of her amazing accomplishments and milestones throughout her life. Now that she knows how it feels to reach a goal and celebrate her triumphs. Seriously, I watched the clip a dozen times and cried every single time!... I must be "hormonal"!.. lol

Katie said...

Oh no, we are WAY behind! Jolie is still big wheelin' it.

You GO Ashley!!