Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Race for the Cure



We participated in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on Sunday. We were there with my Great Aunt Rosie, a breast cancer survivor, my Great Uncle Gil, my grandma, my aunt and my cousins, Mandy and Jenna were all there walking too. The weather was perfect! The walk began at 7:30 a.m. and so, I was supposed to leave my house at 6:15 a.m. Well, when I went in Ashley's room to wake her up, she asked if she could sleep a little bit longer because she was still tired. I felt bad getting her up but then when I told her we were going to the race she smiled and sat up in bed. You can imagine she was picturing an actual race in her head but none the less she got out of bed. Then when I began brushing her hair, I said " wow, there aren't any rats (knots) in your hair today" and she said " that's because I didn't sleep berrrry long". Needless to say we got there a little late.

After the race we went to lunch at Duck & Decanter, a great deli. Then when we came home and I was able to coordinate Ashley and Aiden's nap so, we could all take a nap together...Ahhhhh, I love when that works out!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ashley in her sunglasses - Priceless! She sure looks cute for someone who didn't sleep berrrry long.