Friday, October 10, 2008

Did I check my mailbox today?


Ashley received this mailbox for her birthday (thank you, Raney!!) and she loves to make mail and "invitations". Invitations, usually consist of her cutting up a piece of construction paper into as many little pieces as she can, then making sure they all end up on the floor.

But, the fun part is that she started delivering mail to her neighbor friends and now she gets surprised when she checks her mail box and finds mail. One night she even received some candy! It has been fun and gives her a purpose for all the coloring, painting, gluing, cutting and writing that she loves to do everyday!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for mail! We'll have to get one of those mailboxes to put out in front of our house too.

Katie said...

I love this idea! I'm going to have to google around and find my girls their own mailbox. If we lived in Arizona, I'm certain Ashley and Jolie would be corresponding frequently!!

Kurt and Jobrina Hofleit said...

I'm soooo glad that Ashley is enjoying her mailbox. What a great idea of putting it out and "receiving" mail, I think I just might have to go get Raney one now. :)

T & E's Blog said...

How fun!! I love how things like that are so fun to a kid. It reminds me of me!