Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our First Camping Trip

Last weekend, we loaded up the truck, and I mean "we really loaded it" (Allen wasn't sure if I was packing for a weekend or a week) and headed up north to Sedona. The weather was beautiful! It was a little chilly at night but we all stayed bundled up. It was so nice to get away. We went with my sister, my brother and his wife and our friend, Mike. We roasted marshmallows, made dinners over the campfire, played at the creek, found bugs, watched ants gather their food, and most of all we just enjoyed the fresh air and good company! The boys found lots of firewood to keep us warm and tended the fire, or "bonfire" at times, very well!

We borrowed my parents old tent, which was the tent I camped in as a child. It was fun to see Ashley and Aiden playing in it. I remember how big the tent felt to me when I was a kid and watching Ashley, I knew she felt the same way. Thanks mom and dad for all the fun camping trips we went on as kids, I am starting to understand all of the work that was put into those great memories!

Ashley's favorite part was "marshing marshmallows at our camp out".


We are looking forward to many more camping trips!

1 comment:

T & E's Blog said...

That sounds so fun! I bet you guys had a blast!